[These also form part of our Rental Terms & Condition’s and Contract]
Required Documents when Booking:
Credit Card required for Rental
Completed and signed CC Authorization Form
Completed and signed Booking Form
Copy of I.D. documents and Passports of all drivers
Copy of Driver´s Licenses’ and International Drivers Licenses’ [in English with no endorsements + 1 photo] of all drivers
Important Travel Arrangements (may be required prior to arrival/clients own responsibility):
Yellow Fever and/or other required Vaccinations + Certification
Personal, Medical & Travel Insurance
Standard Extras (that may apply/if applicable):
Cross Border Fees/vehicle (once off)
Additional Driver Fees (once off)
Administration/Contract Fee (once off)
Collection & Drop off Fees (depending on the venue/once off)
Off-Road Training/per driver (once off)
Wash & Clean/per vehicle *
Tank 100% full on Collection and Drop off
* Evaluated on return
A 25% booking deposit is payable to confirm your rental and the 75% balance, 30 days before collection via a Credit Card or an EFT payment. A Handling Fee can be charged when paying by Credit Card (VISA & MasterCard only)
1. Standard Insurance cover is included on all vehicles and in all rates quoted. An excess is applicable, the monetary value of which depends on the vehicle category
2. Standard Insurance cover is valid in the following countries: South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland & Lesotho
*Special permission is required for any other countries in Sub Saharan Africa
3. Third Party Cover: The standard insurance cover includes 3rd Party cover for RSA only. Third party cover for any other country must be purchased at the port of entry
4. Additional insurance cover is available at additional cost (and only for selected vehicles) which offers reduced excess for collision damages only and not for other damages/breakages/losses
The cost of the collision damage waiver (CDW1 & CDW2) will vary depending on the vehicle category and the amount of rental days
5. Insurance exclusions:
a. Towing costs outside of South Africa
b. Tyre and windscreen damage
c. A refundable holding deposit may still be required
6. Should the vehicle be damaged beyond use or stolen, a replacement vehicle is not included in any of the insurance cover options
7. Water, salt and sandstorm damages are not covered by any insurance cover
8. Damages to equipment losses are not covered by insurance
9. Clutch and/or gearbox damage, negligence and wilful neglect is also not covered
At Safari4x4Hire, all our vehicles have standard insurance cover – we don’t offer zero excess, but a reduced excess/additional insurance option (CDW) may be available – confirm when booking
>In South Africa the cost of Third Party liability is included in the price of fuel
Safari4x4Hire takes care of all the cross border exit authorization letters once we have received copies of the Passport, Drivers license and Intl. Drivers license (in English) of all the designated drivers at least 7 working days before collection
The insurance includes claims for accident, fire, theft ¬ 3rd party only
If travelling to Tanzania and Kenya you will need a Carnet de Passage
* Consult at the time of booking if the requested vehicle is permitted to travel to a specific country and which insurance applies.
Various Insurance Excesses apply for different vehicles and is “authorized/secured” on your Credit Card for the duration of the rental and will be effected 3 days prior to arrival/before collection.
If the Excess is declined, the vehicle WILL NOT be released.
The CC Authorisation will provide Safari4x4Hire with the card holder’s authorisation to secure the agreed amount (security deposit) on his/her Credit Card for the duration of the rental. We will secure only the agreed Insurance Excess amount on the CC nor will the authorised amount be withdrawn. Our Bank will contact the clients Bank/CC Department and request an authorisation for the agreed amount – should this be successful they will provide us with an Authorisation Code for the duration of the rental. The client needs to make sure there are sufficient funds in his/her Bank account/CC and that this has been pre-confirmed/clarified with the client’s relevant Bank/CC Department. Many times the clients Bank/CC Department declines the transaction because the Bank/CC Department may think that it is a fraudulent transaction to protect the client.
>An electronic and a manual transaction will be done.
Pre and Post Trip Administration/Inspection:
Please allow sufficient time (min. 3 hrs.) prior to collection and after drop off for vehicle admin and inspection.
Other Insurances & Cross Border Taxes:
Clients are responsible for all compulsory 3rd Party Insurances; TIP Taxes (Temporary Import/Export Taxes) and/or Road Toll when crossing into neighboring countries.
Rental Rates are calculated according to the amount of days [irrespective of the time of delivery/collection and/or time of return/drop off] and the amount of estimated km’s/mileage.
Unlimited km’s/mileage options need to be clarified with the client prior to departure.
Minimum Rental Duration:
Minimum rental period is 3 days in South Africa and 7 days outside of South Africa.
Each day is a 24 hour period
No refunds are applicable for early returns unless arranged in advance.
Important Cross Border Documents:
All required Cross Border Exit Letters/Authority/Documents & Insurance Cover Confirmation will be supplied by the supplier when crossing into neighboring countries.
OR Tambo Intl. Airport, Johannesburg – SA
Kruger Mpumalanga Intl. Airport, Plaston/Nelspruit – SA
King Shaka Intl. Airport, Durban – SA
PE Intl. Airport, Port Elizabeth – SA
Cape Town Intl. Airport, Cape Town – SA
Windhoek Intl. Airport, Windhoek – Namibia
Maun Intl. Airport, Maun – Botswana
Lusaka Intl. Airport, Lusaka – Zambia
Harare Intl. Airport, Harare – Zimbabwe
Malawi Intl. Airport, Lilongwe/Blantyre – Malawi
Maputo Intl. Airport, Maputo – Mozambique
>Vehicles/motorcycles are serviced regularly & well maintained according to manufacturer’s requirements.
>Different “High & Low Season” months/rates apply for 4×4’s/motorcycles.
>Discounted rates/specials are available – please enquire.
>Should we not be able to supply you with a vehicle from our own fleet, we will try and outsource one from another supplier – Rental rates, Terms & Conditions and Insurance Excess policies will differ.
>Drivers can be expected to undergo some basic off-road 4×4 training prior to departure as we have had an increase of damages/losses to vehicles due to inexperience and negligence.
1. The Hirer acknowledges that he is aware of the purpose for which the vehicle was designed, as well as all safety and maintenance procedures. The Hirer is responsible to look after and maintain the vehicle during use and to return the vehicle clean and in good order, fair wear and tear accepted.
2. In the event of the vehicle or any of its belongings being lost or damaged during the rental period, the Hirer shall be liable to cover the cost of replacement or repair and to make good on any shortages or damages to the vehicle. Insurance cover is included and will cover loss or damage due to theft and collision damages but not lost items or damages due to carelessness or negligence.
1. Repairs of up to ZAR 1 000.00 can be effected without prior authorization. On higher amounts prior authorization is required.
2. In most cases vehicles are still covered under the new vehicle manufacturers warranty and their warranty conditions will apply where mechanical failures occur. It is important to remember that Safari4x4Hire is not the manufacturer of the vehicle or equipment but will do its utmost to select and offer the best and most recommended vehicles and equipment.
3. Where serious mechanical failures occur due to standard wear and tear and which cannot be repaired timeously a replacement vehicle will be supplied – if available.
4. Inconvenience and time loss is not covered.
5. Mechanical failures and repair expenses in countries outside of South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland & Lesotho are covered as long as in line with prices in South Africa however towing, consequential damages and recovery expenses will be the Hirers responsibility.
1. All accidents must be reported to the local police within 24 hours.
2. Where collision damages render a vehicle unusable, a replacement vehicle can be supplied by Safari4x4Hire if available, but all costs are for the expense of the Hirer.
3. The hirer is responsible for the return/repatriation of the damaged vehicle to the original office if outside of the borders of South Africa.
4. No refund will be given for lost days due to collision damages.
5. Should the hirer continue with a new replacement vehicle then a new rental contract and insurance conditions will apply.
6. The exact insurance conditions and area of liability will also depend on the level of insurance selected.
The 4wd vehicles are allowed on all bitumen/tar and gravel roads as well as all recognized public 4×4 tracks in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Swaziland, Malawi.
No dune or beach driving permitted; no boat launching or recovery allowed.
A once off cross-border surcharge is applicable when leaving South African borders. This is a once off charge irrespective of how many borders are crossed.
Confirm with the supplier if fees apply.
Multiple rentals can be combined to qualify for a longer rental rate.
If for reasons beyond our control, the reserved vehicle is not available, we reserve the right to substitute the vehicle with another vehicle in the same category or in a higher category. This shall not constitute a breach of contract or entitle the hirer to a refund.
In the event of a rental having to be cancelled, the following refund rates are applicable.
A 25% deposit is required to secure a vehicle rental and the following cancelation fees apply;
60 days or more notice: deposit refunded less 20% handling fee
30 – 60 days: booking deposit is not refundable. If total rental has been paid the balance less the deposit will be refunded.
Less than 30 days notice: No refund on booking deposit or full rental. 100% cancellation fee
1. 08H00 TO 16H00 Monday to Friday
2. Deliveries and collections after hours, on Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays will be charged an extra fee
3. Mobile contact numbers are available 24 hours, 7 days a week
Rates and conditions may be subject to change without notice. All information may be subject to change and all measurements and volumes shown are approximate.